The Sephora Spring Bonus 2017 starts tomorrow April 18th for VIB Rouge, April 19th for VIB, and 4/20 for Beauty Insiders. The discount can be used on everything with the only restrictions being Sephora gift cards, Play! Subscriptions, and Flash Subscriptions. Each member level gets different perks so are the details:
- VIB Rouge: 4/18-4/24 get 15% off all purchases in-store and online (includes JCPenney stores). Code is ROUGESPRING and the code can be used as many times as you want. . *On April 18th ONLY, bring a friend in-store and they will also get 15% off all purchases even if they are not Rouge. You'll also receive a canvas tote bag.
- VIB: 4/19-4/24 get 15% off all purchases in-store and online using code VIBSPRING. Code can be used as many times as you want within those dates.
- Beauty Insiders: 4/20-4/23 get 10% off all purchases in-store and online using code BISPRING. Code can be used as many times as you want within those dates.
I don't plan to go too crazy during this sale but there are definitely some things I have my eye on, so I'll share those items with you, as well as recommend some products I've tried and loved recently. Let's take a look!
1. Peter Thomas Roth Professional Retinoid 3% ($82)- This serum is pricey but it contains a brand new Retinol ester that works like Tretinoin (prescription retinol) without the irritation and peeling that goes along with the Rx. Also, since it's not classified as a drug, it can be used in a higher percentage over the counter. I've been using it for only a week but I can really tell it's working...my skin looks brighter and smoother and my fine lines look softer. I can't wait to see what will happen in a month!
2. Drunk Elephant T.L.C Sukari BabyFacial ($80)- This is a treatment mask that contains 25% AHA and 2% BHA to reveal smoother skin texture and tone, and a clearer, brighter look. I've had my eye on this for a while now and plan to purchase it during the sale.
3. KenzoKi Amazing Exfoliating Water ($29)- This toner contains fruit acids "guaranteed to give you baby skin" and I have to agree! I've been using it for about a month now, every morning and it helps to sweep away those dead skin cells so your makeup goes on smoother. It comes in a large, 6.7oz bottle and one little pump covers your entire face so it'll last a really long time.
4. Sunday Riley Good Genes ($105)- If you've been wondering if this stuff is worth the hype, it definitely is! It's very expensive so if you've had your eye on it, now's the time to purchase and save a few bucks. This is a lactic acid treatment that exfoliates, plumps, smoothes, and re-texturizes your skin. All I know is when I stop using this, I notice...my skin looks more dull and less "alive". It's also gentle so you can use it every day.
5. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup Cleansing Balm ($38)- This is my holy grail night time cleanser! It's super gentle on your skin (and also unscented) and it melts your makeup off so easily, even mascara. After rinsing, it doesn't leave a greasy film on my skin like other cleansing balms do so I don't have to double cleanse. It's amazing and I'm on my 3rd jar of it.
6. Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Intensive Moisture Quenching Bi-Phase Serum ($59)- This is another one of those products that I didn't realize I needed until I tried it. If you have normal or oily skin, you probably don't need this but if you're dry it's a lifesaver. Sometimes, even the richest moisturizers don't quench my dry skin but adding this right before my moisturizer makes all the difference. It's a lightweight oil/serum that sinks in immediately and stays there, keeping my skin hydrated all day. If you've been frustrated by your dry skin coming back during the day or causing your makeup to look cakey (or flaky) try adding this in. It's been my best friend this winter and I'm still using it!
It Cosmetics CC+ Cream ($38)- I've been through about 4 or 5 tubes of this and it's my holy grail foundation, especially in the summer months because it has SPF 50+. It gives medium to full coverage that looks natural, not like you caked your skin with a thick layer of foundation. It also feels like a moisturizer so it's fantastic if you have dry skin.
2. Sephora Collection Contour Blush Palette ($28)- I recently purchased this palette and if you like warmer, peachy pink blushes you'll love it! Some of the blushes are highly pigmented while others are buildable (not a bad thing when it comes to blush) but the shade selection is really pretty and perfect for summer. (See my review and swatches here).
3. Nars Narsissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette ($59)- If you buy one palette this Spring, get this one! It's absolutely gorgeous...the formula is fantastic and the color selection can take you from every day nudes to the smokiest eye. Every shade is highly pigmented and blends like a dream. I can't recommend this one enough! (Check out my swatches here).
4. Milk Makeup Eye Pigments ($24)- These little tubes are my new obsession! I have two shades (After Party and Gig) and I've been using them every day, either alone on my lid or under other shadows as a base. You only need a tiny dot of product to completely cover one eyelid and they don't move or crease until you take them off at night.
5. Sephora Collection Illuminate Palette ($28)- I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't buy any more high-end highlighting palettes but I couldn't resist this one because the price is pretty good and the reviews are excellent. Turns out, it's a fantastic palette for the price! Every shade is creamy and pigmented (see my swatches here) and there are a bunch of shades for lighter skin tones.
6. Hourglass Ambient Strobe Blush ($38)- I can't hit up a Sephora sale and not treat myself to an Hourglass product. They just launched four new blush shades and the only thing that's making me hesitate is trying to decide which shade to buy!
7. Tom Ford Soleil Blanc All Over Body Spray ($65)- I've never owned a Tom Ford fragrance because every time I smell one in-store they're way too strong for me. So I thought maybe a body spray would be a better (and less expensive) way to try one. Soleil Blanc is described as a "golden amber-sandalwood embrace" and I've heard some reviews say that it has a coconut note which sucked me right in!
8. Sephora Collection Mixology Palette ($34)- This is a really nice eyeshadow palette for the price and I've really been enjoying it lately. It's laid out in trios so you don't have to think too hard about what combination you want to use on your eyes. It also comes with a really decent double-ended brush. (See my swatches here).
9. Nars Hot Sand Illuminator ($30)- If you like a natural highlight without a lot of shimmer, you'll love this one. It gives your skin a beautiful glow without the sparkle so it looks lit from within. Don't be fooled by the color on the Sephora website...it's not that dark at all! I used the photo from the Ulta website above and that's what it looks like in real life...it has a slightly peachy tone to it.
10. bareMinerals Invisible Bronze ($28)- This is my new favorite bronzer and I've been using it non-stop the past few weeks. It's a baked formula that feels super silky (exactly like the Hourglass Ambient powders) and it comes in four shades to suit all skin tones. Check out my full review here.
Now it's your turn...are you shopping the Sephora sale? If so, what are you getting?