So is it worth picking up? Let's take a look!
This palette features 18 brand-new PRO-formula eye shadows inspired by the film and a deluxe mini Front of the Line PRO Eye Pencil in black to craft a smoky, sultry, Captain Jack Sparrow-inspired eye.
Where to Buy:
Made in the U.S.A., Total Weight .36 oz
But there's a reason it's so chunky... it has a secret compartment underneath that holds the cheek palette! So if you're getting both, it actually makes storing them more efficient, not to mention I tend to geek out about things like this, haha. If you don't want to buy the cheek palette, you can always store some smaller makeup items in there that you might want to use with the palette, such as single blushes, brushes, or liners/brow products. That way it's not a total waste of space.
The matte shades glide on effortlessly with full pigment in one swipe. The shimmer shades are also stunning and easy to pick up.
My favorite shades include:
- Black Pearl (top row, 2nd shade from the right)- this shimmer shade looks almost black in the pan but it has a beautiful emerald green shift that's gorgeous.
- Arrgh! (top row, 3rd shade from the right)- this is a really pretty olive green shimmer and I don't have anything like it in my collection.
- Treasure (middle row, 3rd shade from the left)- this is a beautiful rust-colored shade that is incredibly pigmented with one swipe and has a satiny finish. I was blown away when I swatched it...it's one of the most pigmented shades in the palette (and they're all very pigmented).
- Tell No Tales (middle row, 4th shade from the left)- this matte plum shade would create a really pretty smoky eye look.
- Menace (bottom row, 2nd from the right)- this is a deep hunter green matte that also blew me away when I swatched it. For a matte, it went on so evenly, with full pigment. I also don't have a deep green like this in my collection.
- Silent Mary (bottom row, all the way to the right)- this is a really soft medium gray matte that I can see myself using to create lots of cooler-toned looks.
Overall, do you need this palette? I wasn't actually planning on buying it myself because at first glance the shades didn't appeal to me, but now that I've had the chance to play with it, there are quite a few standout shades in here that I really love (and many more that are also basic everyday shades that I would definitely use). So the question to ask yourself is if you love the shade selection...if you do, then picking this one up is a no-brainer. The formula is top-of-the-line...highly pigmented, soft, and blendable...it really it just comes down to the colors.
Available now at LoracCosmetics.com and arriving at Ulta.com and Kohls.com on April 16th.