Six New Drugstore Peels to Try
1. Yes to Grapefruit 2-Step Face Kit All About Face ($3.99)- This little packet contains ingredients like grapefruit and vitamin C to help refine pores and even out your skin tone. Step 1 features a pore scrub to cleanse and exfoliate your face. Step 2 includes a face peel to even skin tone and perfect pores. It claims to leave your skin bright, refreshed, and radiant.
2. Vichy Double Glow Peek Mask ($20)- This 5 minute mask is formulated to brighten dull skin through a double-peel action. When you first apply the mask, the chemical action of AHA [fruit acids] helps remove dead cells. Then, just before rinsing, massage it into your skin and the volcanic rock crushed into ultra-fine powder gently exfoliates skin. Vitamin C helps to illuminate skin tone and Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water helps strengthen the skin's moisture barrier function and protect against aggressors.
3. Skinfood Pineapple Peeling Gel ($12)- A facial mask that contains mineral rich organic black sugar, along with strawberry and strawberry seed oil. Once applied, you're supposed to massage it in until clumps of impurities form...it sounds a lot like the Drops of Youth Peel I just reviewed from The Body Shop, but it's half the price! I definitely want to try this since I love Skinfood.
4. Pixi Skintreats Peel & Polish ($24)- This peel contains natural fruit enzymes to loosen dead skin cells, while lactic acid gently exfoliates. Cellulose peels & sugar extracts polish the skin, lifting away dullness revealing a brighter complexion. It claims to be a professional salon peel treatment without leaving home.
5. Skinfix Facial Exfoliating Pads ($24.99)- These textured pads contain a blend of natural glycolic, salicylic and lactic acids to gently lift away embedded impurities and spent skin cells. Sugar Cane, Willow Bark and Australian Lime Pearl extracts deliver natural AHAs to accelerate skin's own renewal process. Gentle enough for daily use or when skin is tired or dull looking. They're 98% natural, PH Balanced and free of synthetic fragrance, parabens and phthalates, soy, gluten, dairy and dyes.
6. Miss Spa Vitamin C Brightening Bubble Peeling Pad ($9.99)- This peeling pad activates with water and is meant to be massaged over a clean dry face. It exfoliates by gently sloughing away dead skin cells without the irritation. Glycolic and lactic acids work together to re-texturize and smooth skin's surface, while vitamin C and botanical extracts nourish and brighten for skin that looks and feels luminous and radiant.
All of the new peels are available now at Ulta.com, except for the Pixi Peel & Polish which is available at Target.