I love samples and have a large drawer upstairs in my room where I hoard them for future use. Many times, they get used once and forgotten if they didn't make much of an impression on me, but sometimes I try a sample and fall in love immediately! Today, I wanted to share some of the samples I've tried (over the past month or two) that I loved so much, I will definitely be purchasing the full- sized product. Let's take a look!
1. Kiehl's Powerful- Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate ($60)- I had been searching for a Vitamin C serum to use during the day, after reading about its antioxidant benefits (evens out tone, corrects spots, protects against environmental damage, and keeps skin younger and firmer-looking) so this sample arrived at the perfect time! It contains 10.5% Vitamin C, which is pretty significant and after only a few uses, I started to notice clearer, brighter skin. The thicker, cushiony formula also makes my skin feel like velvet and gives an immediate wrinkle-softening effect (and makeup goes on so nicely over this!).
2. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm ($27.50)- If you have dry skin, you need this for your nightly skincare regimen! I have tried many overnight masks (and this doesn't even claim to be a mask) but this is probably the most hydrating night cream I have ever used. It has a super rich texture (and is also unscented) and makes my dry, tight skin feel so comfortable. It takes forever to sink in, so when I go to bed, my skin feels a little tacky but in the morning, it's plump and baby-soft. Winter is almost over, but I still want to get a small jar of this to use for the next month or two...it's amazing. If you're normal to oily (or combo) this will likely be way too much moisture for you, but they do have an oil-free gel cream version here.
3. Algenist Power Advanced Wrinkle Fighter Serum ($90)- I've been using this little sample tube for a while and am so glad to have found it! I was looking for a wrinkle-fighting serum that I could use in the daytime (Retinol breaks down in sunlight so I can only use those serums at night) and this one contains peptides and Alguronic Acid. Peptides help to restore your skin's building blocks, which in turn help you to see firmer skin. Alguronic Acid is Algenist's patented ingredient that is derived from microalgae and has been shown to have anti-aging benefits in clinical tests. I haven't been using it long enough to say whether it's correcting my fine lines yet, but I like feeling as though I'm fighting wrinkles in the daytime as well as at night.
4. Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream ($22-$65)- I love the light gel-texture of this cream, because it's perfect for daytime (and now that we're heading into the warmer weather). It contains alpha-arbutin, which is one of the few ingredients scientifically proven to improve hyperpigmentation spots. The older I get, the more brown spots come out (my punishment for years of reckless sun exposure in my teens), so I'm excited about a product that can reduce their appearance. This cream also contains papaya enzymes for gentle exfoliation and it makes my skin feel so smooth and perfectly prepped for makeup.
5. Tarte Frxxxtion Stick Exfoliating Cleanser ($22)- I got this in my recent Sephora Play! box and I'm already obsessed! You just rub this scrubby stick all over damp skin, use your fingers to massage it in, then rinse. It has a satisfying amount of grittiness that's very fine in texture (reminds me a little of Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion) so you get a really nice exfoliation without the mess. It's also travel-friendly!
6. YSL Mon Paris ($29-$122)- I'm not normally a floral fragrance person but this one sucked me right in...I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists the first time I tried it. The flowers in this blend are balanced by a bit of fruitiness on the top and creamy white musks on the bottom so it's not a "grandma" floral...it's more modern and youthful. I love how feminine it is and my husband likes it, which says a lot because he's really picky!).
The notes are: Strawberry, Raspberry, Bergamot, Calone, Pear, Orange Flower, Jasmin Sambac, White Peony, Datura, Patchouli, White Musk, Ambrox, Cedarwood, Crystal Moss.
What samples have you tried lately that you're thinking of buying? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!
Disclosure- This post contains affiliate links. All products featured were included free with a purchase that I made with my own money.